Monday, December 19, 2011

Couldn't "Help" But Be Surprised

Since my son was born, the amount of movies I watch has gone from roughly five a week to roughly five a year. This weekend I asked my wife if she wanted to watch a movie. She said yes but followed it with "Is The Help on demand yet?" Being the movie lover in the family I generally get to pick the movie so my excitement level went from "Sweet I'm watching a movie tonight!" to "At least I'm watching a movie tonight." I justified it to myself because I generally like to see the movies that are up during awards season and The Help is just the type of movie that I'd prioritize last when trying to watch them all by The Oscars.

Anyway, the whole point of this wasn't to review the movie or anything. I just wanted to give a heads up that I found it to be a surprisingly pretty entertaining two hours and 24 minutes. And besides, I rarely find Emma Stone to be anything short of delightful in whatever movie she's in.

Couldn't "Help" But Be Surprised....get it?

No comments:

Post a Comment