Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Random Thoughts during the MLB All-Star Game

I have been so MIA lately, that I feel the need to blog, and blog big. And what is bigger than the annual baseball classic? The answer is, well, several things. But I'm going to do it anyway. I'm not sure how to set this up so I'm a gonna jump right in and live blog while I watch.

NL lineup being announced, Edward Mujica looks Amish. I assume you capitalize the A in Amish, but I'm not sure. It's not a religion, I guess it's more like being an eskimo. Should that be capitalized?

I can't believe that both JJ Hardy and Chris Tillman of the Orioles are all-stars. Hardy is batting .251 and Tillman has an E.R.A. that's almost 4, was there no one else deserving?

Yadier Molina has a sick neck tattoo. I don't think there is a scarier thing you can do to your body than get a tat on your neck. Throw in a bandana covering your mouth and I'm terrified. If you compare today's gangstas to the gangstas of the 80's, there is no comparison. I'd deal with a guy in a Raiders baseball cap any day of the week.

Matt Harvey starting this game is cool. I have become a very big fan, especially after watching this bit on the Jimmy Fallon show. Classic, very cool dude.

2013 American Idol winner Candace Glover? Granted, I don't watch the show but how is it possible that I have never even heard that name before? Pretty talented kid though.

When are we going to replace Joe Buck and tim McCarver? Buck is such a tool. He just said "no duh." And McCarver seems like he was just rescued from a senior center.

Tom Seaver is about the throw out the first pitch. Admittedly, I don't know enough about his career. Let me look it up. 12 x all-star, 3x Cy Young, 171 complete games and 311 wins. Those are some intense stats.The Mets traded him for Pat Zachry, Steve Henderson, Doug Flynn and Dan Norman. They spiralled out of control and finished in last place the next 3 seasons.

Mariano Rivera is the absolute tit. Its pretty cool that the AL team is focused on winning this game for him.

Mike Trout leadoff double. Cano HBP. This Matt Harvey guy stinks. Cabrera strikes out on a wicked slider.  Cano being taken off the field, he's done. This could be potentially devastating for the Yankees. It could single handidly end their season if it's serious. It could also single handidly change my thoughts on Harvey. Davis flies to center. Bautista strikes out. Harvey is back and better than ever.

This Chevy Silverado comercial makes me want to buy a pickup truck and I hate pickup trucks. Well done ad wizzards.

Got a phone call and by the time I was off the NL was mowed down 1-2-3.

Tom Seaver has one of the most horrendous shirts on now. It's all butterflies. I'm dead serious.

AL down in order. I'm starting to get bored.

How is Chris Sale 6-8 with an E.R.A. under 3? Thats bonkers. NL down in order too. I don't know if i'll be able to finish my 6 pack if it keeps at this pace.

Kershaw dealing, one down. Ken Rosenthal is talking now, but I don't know what he is saying, I can only see red. He needs to get punched. Speaking of needing to get punched, Pedroia steps up to the plate.

X-Rays negative on Cano's knee. Remember, negative = good.

Bottom of the 3rd commencing. Sale vs. Tulo. Sale vs. Cuddyer. Sale vs. Harper. Inning.

Tyler Corbin for the NL. First bit of action in a while as Cabrera takes him to the gap for a standup double. No outs, lets see if the AL can plate a run. Davis rips a single to right, Miggy holds at 3rd. Bautista hits a deep fly to center. AL is on the board, 1-0. Double play to end the inning.
AL 1 - NL 0

Beltran leads off the bottom half of the 4th with a single off King Felix. McCutchen pinch running, steals 2nd. Moved over to 3rd and now Wright has to drive him in with 2 outs. He does not.

Adams Jones leads off the 5th with a laser double off Cliff Lee. Mauer sneaks a single through the left side, runners at the corners. Hardy grounder up the middle, almost a nifty DP, but instead it's an RBI groundout. Trout ends the inning with an executed DP.
AL 2 - NL 0

3 more outs.

Jason Grilli seems like a cool dude. It's almost impossible not to root for the Pirates, I can get behind this run even though I don't think they're going to sustain this Cinderella season.

3 more outs.

Bottom half of the 6th, Balfour in. Harper down. Carpenter up. This Balfour/Carpenter matchup is what we've all been waiting for. Boo, fly out. HUGE letdown. McCutchen K's. Inning over. The music of Phoenix plays them out. You don't know what that means? Neither does Bill O'Reilly.

Walk, double play, strikeout. Moving to the bottom of the 7th.

Sick play by Machado to nail Goldschmidt at first to start the inning.Cecil in to pitch to Domonic Brown and mows him down. With that crazy shift, I still don't get why guys don't bunt there. Leyland managing this like it's game 7, another pitching change. Delabar pitching to Posey. Sweet splitter to get Posey swining. I will now go back to not knowing who Steve Delabar is.

Perez leads off the 8th with a basehit. I can't wait until this game is over. Pheralta bloops a single, two on, no out. Torii Hunter is at the dish against Kimbrel. Battle of guys I dig. 6-3 DP, runner moves to 3rd. Mariano warms up and is ready for the 8th. Kipnis doubles to deep left, AL up 3-0. Inning over.

Neil Diamond on to sing Sweet Caroline. Not sure I am on board with this development.

Maybe I missed the explanation, but why is Mo pitching the 8th instead of the 9th?

First batter faced is Segura. He grounds out to start the inning. Allen Craig up and hits a rocket to LF, snagged by Gordon. 1-2 now against Gomez. Not exacty murderers row this inning. Grounder to short, inning over. Slightly anticlimactic, thanks to Jim Leyland.

Leadoff triple by Prince Fielder in the top of the 9th doesn't get the AL another run. Moving on to bottom of the 9th for Joe Nathan.

First two up, first two down. Comes down to Goldy against Nathan. He launches a loooong double. I really wish I kept him in my fantasy baseball league. I'll never get over it. Pedro Alvarez time, another fantasy castoff. Popped him up. Game over.

Sale gets the win, Rivera gets the hold, Corbin gets the loss, and I get the award for worst blog idea ever.







No comments:

Post a Comment