Thursday, July 23, 2015

Navigating the 2015 Newport Folk Festival

Inspired by the 10th Episode of the Newport Folk Festival podcast, I'm going to do my annual Navigating the Newport Folk Festival Post a little different this year.  After looking back on my past few years of these, my plan never sticks.  I could be hustling from the Quad Stage to the Fort Stage only to be stopped in my tracks at the Harbor Stage.  My favorite one last year was staying at Lake Street Dive as long as I could before heading over to get a good spot for Band of Horses.  I passed by the Harbor Stage as Robert Hunter broke in to Ripple.  I missed the first two minutes of Band of Horses and still got a great spot but Ripple was one of the highlights of the festival for me last year.

So this year I'm going in with a really loose plan.  Not even worth writing down.  I pretty much know I want to see Courtney Barnett, First Aid Kit and because of my FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) I want to be at the Fort Stage for the Unannounced sets.  Of course there are a ton of other artists I want to see, but I'm just trying not to prioritize too many of them.






No comments:

Post a Comment