Wednesday, November 30, 2011

One Of My Comedy Pet Peeves

I throughly enjoy the Dos Equis Most Interesting Man in the World commercials. I couldn't be more jealous that it is people's job to come up with those quotes. But on the latest one, they do something that bothers me to no end because it sucks the "funny" out of the joke. And they do it twice. Check it out below:



If you didn't pick up on it the narrator adds his commentary on two of the statements which, to me, completely deflates the humor of the line.

-"His New Year's resolutions would blow your mind. That's why he doesn't tell anyone."
-"One should never shake his gifts. Trust me on this one."

Personally I just let those first sentences hang there for a second before moving on to the next one.

I know this is very nit-picky but isn't this what blogs are for?

No comments:

Post a Comment