Monday, February 6, 2012

Giants Fans: Call In Sick Tomorrow

Tomorrow is going to be the 7th ticker tape parade that is going to go through New York City in what I consider my celebration prime (18-40 years old). As a Mets and Jets fan they obviously weren't for me so I've never been to one. But it blows my mind why it wouldn't be a given to go in to the city if your team just won a championship.

If it happens to be the Mets or Jets in the next few years, I don't know if I'd actually go to the parade itself but I would hop on a train at 8am with a 24oz beer while wearing my favorite jersey and just bar hop and celebrate with the thousands of people who really understand what you just went through. And besides, if there is a better excuse for early morning/afternoon drinking during the week then I don't know what it is. Championships start in prime time and often on a work night so it seems that once the game is over there is a few minutes of high fives and then it's over. It's a long season, it deserves a longer celebration than that. It deserves a day long celebration.

So Giants fans, go to the parade. Even though you've been fortunate to get 2 of them the last 5 years, don't take it for granted that you'll get another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment